Pre-Announcement - 16th PROSIT Workshop on Type 2 Diabetes Modelling - 19. October 2018
The next workshop on our modelling approach will be held in October as a one day crash course. Workshop attendees will learn how to develop a simple yet expandable health-economic Markov model using typical spreadsheet software such as Excel, OpenOffice or LibreOffice.
Target audience are health-economists, and data scientists working e.g. in research, for notified regulatory bodies, for the pharmaceutical industry or in health consultancies. Attendees will need pre-existing knowledge on the principles of health-economic evaluation and good knowledge on using spreadsheet software.
The workshop covers following aspects:
- Learning the theory of Markov modelling
- Learning basic techniques of spreadsheet software needed for building a model
- Implementing a three state model structure (norm state, temporary state and absorbing state)
- Building transition matrixes based on fixed probabilities (Markov chain)
- Implementing a half-cycle correction (several possibilities)
- Including costs, discounting and a willingness-to-pay threshold
- Including quality-of-life factors for calculating QALYs
- Implementing a second comparator to the model
- Expanding from Markov chains to Markov processes (e.g. age and gender dependent mortality)
- Designing and reporting of key medical, economic and health-economic outcome parameters (Cost-per-QALY-gained, NMB, etc.)
The place of the venue will be most likely Heidelberg University. Registration starts end of June 2018. Details will follow...
In case of questions, please contact Wendelin Schramm (firstname.lastname@example.org)