Talk:Indus eff clopidogrel vs dipyridamol
Effectiveness of clopidogrel and dipyridamole for secondary prevention of stroke
I try to find the effect of clopidogrel and dipyridamole according to the studies Match and ESPS2 which deal with secondary prevention of stroke(attachment ).
RE: Effect of clopidogrel and dipyridamole which secondary prevention of stroke conce
Thank you for your work here. I totally agree with your opinion regarding the MATCH trial.
I have been checking the medical effectiveness of clopidogrel, the combination of dipyridamole+ASA each vs. ASA in the most important studies for secondary stroke prevention.
- Dipyridamole+ASA vs ASA
- ESPRIT: risk reduction 0.76
- ESPS: risk reduction 0.76
- Clopidogrel vs ASA
- CAPRIE: risk reduction 0.93
- CHARISMA (clopidogrel versus placebo in vascular disease and high risk factors) – 3 years; 15,200 patients; because of comparison against placebo
- MATCH (clopidogrel plus aspirin versus clopidogrel in high-risk patients with stroke and TIA) – 18 months; 7601 patients; because of bleeding and very high daily dosages
- PROFESS (MR dipyridamole/aspirin versus clopidogrel plus aspirin in recurrent stroke) – 15,500 patients; planned completion in 2008. Obviously not available yet ;-)
I have concerns with clopidogrel regarding bleeding, which we do not consider in our model. We should keep this on our agenda. Because in a health-economic assessment the rather small effectiveness of this drug could easily be foiled by the cost for treating bleeding complications...